Employer Substance Abuse Testing Responsibilities
As an employer, it’s important to ensure the health and safety of your employees. In some cases, this includes substance abuse testing.
If you do decide you want to start drug or alcohol testing in your company, you need to make sure that;
- Employees are made aware that drug or alcohol testing is a possibility, either in a handbook or in their contract.
- If you conduct random drug and alcohol tests, these need to be truly random. You are not allowed to single out any individuals for ‘random’ testing.
- Provide clear rules surrounding the testing, such as what will happen if a test is refused or failed.
- Ensure privacy is maintained at all times, as substance abuse testing is of a sensitive nature.
- Think about putting a support network in place for any employees that may be suffering from substance abuse.
Call us on 01302 365036 if you need information about Drug and Alcohol testing for your business or organisation. Workplace Drug Testing available in Doncaster, Barnsley, Sheffield and throughout South Yorkshire.