How to Choose A Security Company
When you think about your security solution, you want to make sure you are choosing a company who can no only get the job done, but who can be trusted while doing so.
We’ve compiled a list of things to look out for and ask about when choosing your security supplier;
- Are they a SIA approved contractor
- What accreditation’s do they have ie Iso 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Do they even have a office (so many so called security companies are run out of a front room)
- Ask to see their insurance and make sure it covers you if they don’t do their job
- Do they have a 24/7 manned control room (ask to visit it)
- Who audits them, ask for proof (ACS , Achilles ect.)
- What risk assessments will they carry out
- Ask to see staff vetting to BS7858. If this is not in place it voids any insurance they may have in place, as does no contract and no risk assessment
- How do they monitor their lone workers, as any breach of health and safety may fall on you
These are just a few very important things to check before hiring a security company.
Here at Prosec UK, we are more then willing to give advice even if you do not choose to go with our expert team.